Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with good food and time with family/friends! Now that the feasting is over, it’s time for the shopping to begin. I was really excited to find a ton of my favorites from seasons past back in stock in new colors, and even more affordable than before. Here are some of my picks from the bunch:
Nordstrom is having an extra 20% off of sale styles, with tons of petite friendly and also designer items included. Many of my winter favorites from last year’s sale are back in stock in a variety of new colors. Many of these are work appropriate and can easily be transitioned from work to play. Some notable ones:
- High Low wool & cashmere tunic sweater: I bought this last year in purple plum and reach for it SO OFTEN! In fact, my colleague (who has the same sweater, same color) and I have been twinning in it this season multiple times. It’s so soft comfortable and warm, and doesn’t wrinkle so it’s easy to take on trips. I’m buying a few more of these since they’re such a warm closet staple (the camel color was sold out last year but it’s back in stock in PXXS!)
- Halogen crewneck cashmere sweater: this is the shorter version of the tunic sweater above, in the same lightweight but super warm and cozy cashmere. I basically live in leggings in the winter, but if you’re more of a pants person, this may be a great and more affordable option. Also available in a V-neck option here.
- Olivia Moon knit blazer for under $40: a cute and affordable way to dress up a casual outfit! I’ve also started wearing blazers outside of sleeveless or short sleeve dresses for grand rounds presentations or dermatology conferences to look a bit more formal.
- Leona ruffle sleeve sweater: cute ruffle sleeves add a bit of flair to this sweater. If you think it’s too girly for work, just remember that a white coat covers the ruffles 😛
Some comfortable work shoe options (plus some fun ones):
- Stuart Weitzman books are rarely included in these sales but right now the Alljenn Over the Knee boots are on sale for 52% off here (still MANY sizes left, ranging from 6-12) and the Alljill OTK boot with a heel as well here.
- The Carmen slip on leather sneaks are not usually my style but they look so trendy (think urban chic) and comfortable that I ordered a pair to try on. They’re also on sale for 52% off right now, so they’re a little over $40!
- Naturalizer michelle almond toe pump: comfortable pumps and good for interviews!
- Tom’s Desert Wedge Bootie in taupe suede: I’ve had these for years and love them. They’re now on sale (I bought them full price!) and I’m tempted to get another pair. They’re really comfortable and I’ve walked all around Manhattan in them!
50% off sitewide (including this season’s) + free shipping! I’ve been a big fan of their petite line so will be trying out a few of these, taking advantage of the great sale!
- Ruffle fit and flare mini dress: Appropriate for holiday gatherings, both work and with friends! Love the satiny material, perfect for holiday festivities.
- Ruffle cold shoulder cable knit: kind of a busy look but I can’t help it…I picked up one of these in white to try! The maroon color is super cute too. Sleeves look a little long so we shall see.
- Cowl neck cable sweater: convertible from cowl neck to off the shoulder. Looks really cozy as well. I ordered one of these in quartz pink (more of an amethyst purple) to try.
40% off purchases sitewide with code THANKU. I only looked in the clearance section because I find the full price stuff still pretty pricey. Here are a few mostly summer items available in petite sizing.
J Crew Factory
I think Factory prices are more affordable! I own everything I linked below, and I like all of the pieces. The button shirts are versatile, able to be worn alone and also under dresses and sweaters.
I bought the petite long belted puffer jacket last year and it was my warmest everyday black puffy jacket I wore throughout the coldest days of winter. It was like my uniform…but it’s just so warm and cozy! It’s available again this year and it’s just $99. I bought mine in XS because that was all that was available but it comes in XXS too. I personally like the XS fit so I can layer sweaters underneath.
Outfit details: J Crew Factory Blue Gingham button down in PXXS
Loft 5 pocket Sateen Legging pant in deep cabernet
J Crew Factory petite flannel shirt in festival red/blue
Worn underneath the J Crew stadium peacoat (similar and on sale here)
J Crew Factory Petite Chambray Shirt
50% off everything with code FRIYAY and free ship for orders over $99. Tons of cute stuff at affordable prices, including lots of warm and cute blanket/infinity scarves.
I want to confess that I’m so into the petite leggings in back zip sateen in Marisa fit that I have accumulated 4 PAIRS in different colors over the years: black, olive green, gray, and most recently, a deep cabernet color. All of these colors are still available online today and are < $40 each! I basically wear these pants as my work pants every. single. day. They’re soft, comfortable, and really flattering. They’re also super skinny leg so they go well with any footwear, even the skinniest boot opening. I’m clearly a huge fan!
Loft Sateen Legging Pant in Marisa Fit in shale stone gray
Tom’s Desert Wedge Bootie in taupe suede — now on sale for 40% off (super comfortable and I’ve walked all around NYC in these!)
- Petite velvet lace sleeve sweater: I ordered this to try on; again, the detail is in the sleeves so if it’s too lacy for clinic it’ll always be covered under a white coat! I think the lace is so pretty and feminine and the velvet stripes give it a holiday feel.
- Tipped tie cuff sweater: also got this for work; we’ll see if the sleeves are too long, but I imagine I could always roll them up. I love the flirty bell cuffs and the black/white contrast with the cuff ties.
Let me know what else you’re finding, loving, or buying!