I’m taking a break from the cluster that has happened over the past two days (if you want to read more, check my Instagram). Instead, I’m going to post about something that makes me happy right now. The Sephora VIB sale is opening up today to members who have spent $350 in a year, and I wanted to share some of my staple beauty and skincare products, all at 20% off in store and online with code 20VIB. It’s a great time to stock up on your beauty essentials, get your Christmas shopping done early, or to just spoil yourself because it has been a depressing week. Time for some retail therapy…
- Fresh Soy Face cleanser: I use this every other day, alternating with my Cerave hydrating cleanser with ceramides. I love the fresh soy face cleanser because it is gentle and doesn’t irritate my sensitive eyes, but is still powerful enough to take off makeup, even mascara. Don’t forget, however, that makeup removal is a two step process — read my smart girls’ guide to taking off makeup here.
- Anastasia Brow Kit: this kit kind of changed my life. I got it as a gift from a friend and I now use it in conjunction with the Brow Wiz to shape my eyebrows whenever I want to look a little more put together (to be clear: this is not daily. #scrublife). I start off outlining the brows with the Brow Wiz, avoiding the inside corners of the brows so I don’t get an artificial block-y shape there. Then I fill the brows in with the Brow Kit powder, starting with the lighter color for the insides and the darker for the tails. Pro tip from a makeup artist I worked with: always buy brow color a shade lighter than your hair color to avoid over-coloring your brows and looking mean and weird.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20: This is still kind of my favorite quick and easy option for moisturizer + coverage + sun protection. I use the color cameo, which is for “light beige with pink undertones.” Yes I guess you can call it pink undertones since I have rosacea…Anyways this tube of goodness gives a dewy glow to the skin and provides enough coverage to hide pores and faint dark spots. Don’t forget though that it is only SPF 20 and we technically like SPF 30 on a daily basis (read more on that here).
- Urban Decay Naked Palette: this is the only eye shadow palette I use because it covers every look I could need from normal everyday clinic to glam night out. It has a good mix of light and dark colors (nudes, browns, golds, grey/black) and matte vs. shimmery, so it is extremely versatile. I still haven’t found anything I like better.
- RMS Living Luminizer: One of my dear coresidents got this for me and I’m loving it! I basically badgered her to tell me the secret to her flawless radiant skin and finally she, being the sweetheart she is, got it for me for my birthday. Everyone is obsessed with highlighting this year and a quick dab to highlight the cheekbones, middle of the lips, inner corners of the eyes, and the center of the eyelids will make your skin GLOW.
Anything catch your eye?