The Deceptive Salary of Doctors – an infographic

An often hotly debated topic in med-related forums is physician compensation. I’ve read countless articles written from a doctor’s perspective, and those articles are usually filled with math and long sentences. I found this infographic particularly refreshing, as it puts the numbers into pictures that, well, a middle school student should understand. After all, when I was working at NBC, I was told that anything you write news-wise for public consumption should be tailored to a 6th grade comprehension level. That is why I love infographics. Enjoy!

Salary of Doctors
Source: BestMedicalDegrees.com

12 Comments on The Deceptive Salary of Doctors – an infographic

1. Niq
    May 10, 2014 at 5:10 pm (6 months ago)

This is truly enlightening. Didn’t know the hours and debt for a doctor would be that much. Ouch! I should show people this when they think I’m doing it for the $$!

-niq (20somethingmedlife.wordpress.com)

2. Niq
    May 10, 2014 at 5:10 pm (6 months ago)

-niq (20somethingmedlife.wordpress.com)

3. barefootmedstudent
    May 22, 2014 at 4:42 am (5 months ago)

Oh wow. This is hectic. I should work this out with South African values and see what it comes down to!

• teawithmd
      May 22, 2014 at 2:29 pm (5 months ago)

Please do, and let me know what you find!

4. barefootmedstudent
    May 22, 2014 at 4:42 am (5 months ago)

• teawithmd
      May 22, 2014 at 2:29 pm (5 months ago)

Please do, and let me know what you find!

5. pearl.lee
    May 27, 2014 at 11:17 am (5 months ago)

Reblogged this on Pearl Lee.

6. pearl.lee
    May 27, 2014 at 11:17 am (5 months ago)

Reblogged this on Pearl Lee.

7. Jeremy Etzkorn
    July 19, 2014 at 3:56 pm (3 months ago)

Calculation is easily skewed. Whoever made the graphic appears to have overlooked that the 28% tax rate is the marginal tax rate for the last ‘portion’ of income earned (cutoffs depend on how one files… single, married filing jointly, etc). Actual ‘average’ tax rate is much lower, and this is a common mistake in net income calculations.

Nonetheless, thanks for sharing the fun infographic… would love to see a coriented version.

Jeremy Etzkorn, MD

8. Jeremy Etzkorn
    July 19, 2014 at 3:56 pm (3 months ago)

Jeremy Etzkorn, MD